There are many Custom ROMs available for any of the Android devices out there, which makes it a little hard to decide which is the best and which offers the most functionality. All you can do is experiment of course. We are here to tell you though how to make those experiments happen successfully and without a glitch. This particular tutorial will guide you on how to install AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 2 which is based on the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Before you begin though, you will need to have the correct USB drivers installed on your computer and ensure that the USB debugging mode is turned on. You also must ensure that you have at least 50% percent battery, and that is a general case with rooting anything, even the smallest of files. Lastly, you might want to back up your data in case of any losses. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Download the update package and make sure you do NOT unzip it; Click Here
- Download the Google Apps package and do NOT unzip that as well; Click Here
- Please connect your device to the PC via the USB cable provided and transfer the downloaded files to the root of your SD Card which means, no folders
- Unplug the USB cord and turn your device off
- After about 5 – 7 seconds, power on your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, power and home buttons together
- From the recovery menu, please wipe data or perform a factory reset
- Also wipe the dalvik cache and cache partition
- Go back to the main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD Card’ and follow that with selecting ‘choose zip from SD Card’
- Select the package downloaded in step 1 and confirm installation. It should take a few minutes after which you need to repeat step 8, only this time, install the package downloaded in step 2
- Head back to the main menu and reboot your device. Rebooting your device might take a few minutes so please be patient since it is the first boot after a fresh install
- After the device reboot is complete, check if everything is working
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.