If you are reading this, that’s probably because you upgraded to iOS 4.0.2 and miss your jailbroken device. While there is still no way to jailbreak your iPhone 4, you can still jailbreak iPhone 3G and 3GS (old bootrom). While there’s no reason why you should update to 4.0.2, since you can secure your phone with PDF Patch from Cydia, but if you still have, the following guide will let you walk-through.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any possible damage that this tutorial might cause to your device.
To jailbreak your 3GS, follow the tutorial below:
- Install latest version of iTunes.
- Start iTunes and sync your phone so it backups all your data.
- Download Pwnage tool [ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=63NSJXYL ] and iOS 4.0.2 and move both the files to your desktop.
- Start Pwnage tool and select your device
- Pwnage tool will determine the correct firmware for your device.
- Select “no” when pwnage tool asks you if you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes?
- PwnageTool will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken.
- You now have to restore your iPhone to this custom firmware. Click on your phone from sidebar of iTunes. Hold “alt” if you are on mac and “shift” if on windows and click “Restore”
- This will prompt you to select your .ipsw file. Select the required custom file and “open”.
- Let it roll, it will involve some automated steps. Your 3GS is now jailbroken
has any one tried this? Does it work?
Leave a comment