Most of you would have the Google Nexus devices and following this guide will help you root your Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.1.1 JRO03C which is the official firmware. Before you begin, please backup your important data and ensure that USB debugging mode is enabled. You must also ensure that you have the correct drivers installed for your device and that you have at least 50% battery. We do not want the phone to shut down during rooting process. Lastly, please understand that this tutorial will work for this device alone. If you are ready to begin, please follow the simple steps below to root your phone to Android 4.1.1.
- Please download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install it; Click Here
- Make sure you enable the USB Debugging Mode;
- Download Fastboot and then extract it in the following directory: android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools; Click Here
- Download Superuser 3.13 for your PC; Click Here
- Please connect your device to the computer using the USB cable provided and make sure you have space in the SD Card because we will be copying the downloaded files onto the SD card of your device
- Copy and paste the file you downloaded in Step 4. Make sure you paste it in the root of your SD card, which means NOT in any folder
- Turn off your device
- Download CWM 126.96.36.199 on your computer and save it to the following directory: android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools; Click Here
- Please switch on your device into Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the volume down and power buttons for a few seconds
- Once your device is turned on, please navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open command prompt
- Type in the following without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-maguro.img”
- Once that is done, please select RECOVERY from the Fastboot menu and enter recovery mode
- In ClockworkMod recovery scroll down to where it says ‘flash zip from SD card’ and press the power button to select it followed by selecting ‘choose zip from sdcard’
- Navigate to where you copied Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and select it. Confirm installation and it will begin
- After the installation is complete please head back to the main screen and reboot your phone. Note that it will take some time because it is the first boot after installation. Once your phone is booted, check if everything is working properly especially the radio.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.