Last week the XXUBMEA firmware was released for the Snapdragon Galaxy S4 I9505. The update was released Over-the-Air and you know how it is with these updates. There are high chances that you still haven’t received the update in your region. If so, fear not, because now you can install this update manually by following the simple step-by-step guide below. Please know that the following tutorial will only work to flash XXUBMEA on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 alone so do not try it on any other phone or variant of this phone. Before you begin you will need to ensure a few things. Firstly, please make sure that you have backed up your sensitive data because you will lose it. Secondly, make sure you have at least 50% battery left and that you have the correct USB drivers installed on your computer. Lastly, you will need to ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your cellphone. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Download the I0599XXUBMEA package from here. It is a zipped file so please download and unzip it. You will get a .tar.md5 file; Click Here
- Download Odin v3.07 and install it on your computer; Click Here
- Next, please turn off the phone. Wait for at least 6-7 seconds and turn it back on in Download Mode. To do that you will need to press and hold volume down, home and power buttons together until you see the Android robot. Press the power button (which you will use to select) in order to confirm
- Open ODIN on your computer, make sure you have the correct USB drivers for your cellphone and connect your phone with the computer
- If you did everything successfully you will see one of the ID:COM boxes turn yellow
- Select the files that need to be flashed on your phone; these will be the files you extracted in Step 1 (.tar.md5)
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected on the ODIN
- If everything is done successfully please click the START button
- This will begin installation and your phone should reboot once the installation is over
- Once the reboot is over, the ID:COM box should turn green
- Congratulations, you are done flashing.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.